macOS X System Requirements
- macOS High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12), El Capitan (10.11), Yosemite (10.10), or Mavericks (10.9). macOS 10.10 and later required for higher-performance movie-file reading. macOS 10.13 required for HEVC/h.265.
- 64-bit Intel-based Mac.
- 2 GB minimum RAM. 4+ GB strongly recommended. 8-32 GB or more typical for pro, 360VR, and film users.
- 1280x768 or larger display, 32 bit color, with OpenGL support. Large multi-head configurations require graphics cards with sufficient memory. Run SynthEyes on the same monitor as the menubar (movable in Yosemite's Display settings).
- 3 button mouse/trackball with scroll wheel. Use the "No middle-mouse button" preferences for tablets. While notebook trackpads and the "Magic Trackpad" operate with SynthEyes, they are not efficient or ergonometrically suitable for serious tracking work.
- Full keyboard with arrows and side number pad suggested for maximum efficiency.
- Approximately 70 MB disk space to install. Tutorials and other learning materials are separate downloads.
- Keep the operating system up to date. While SynthEyes should work with older versions, sometimes OS vendors make changes that cause problems when SynthEyes is newer than an older operating system file.
- A user familiar with general 3-D animation techniques such as keyframing.
- A supported 3-D animation or compositing package to export paths and points to. Can be on a different machine or operating system.
- Windows, Linux, and macOS licenses are separate. There is a cross-platform option for the Pro version. It is not a floating license or for multiple users, read more about multiple installs. This helps keep SynthEyes affordable for everyone.