The Latest SynthEyes 1605 Features
Don't forget to use the Sug button in SynthEyes, the New-Feature Requests page in the customer-only area, and the cloud features for Synthia!
- 360° Virtual Reality: entire workflow for stabilizing, tracking, and solving 360VR shots, then inserting 3D objects rendered in standard 3D software (360 not required there). Includes simple 360VR stabilization (when no insertion needed), linearize + solve, stabilize from 3D solve, ZWT solution of additional points directly in 360VR, Add Many and Tracker Cleanup in 360VR, generate a linear view configured precisely for each inserted mesh, convert linear imagery back to 360VR, quick 360VR insert previews from the camera view, create a stabilizing sphere for viewing in external 3D packages, etc etc. Comes with a 12-part 2-hour tutorial
- Separate pan/tilt/roll channels and keying for camera/object's seed and solve tracks, rather than a combined 3-axis rotation. Permits pan/tilt/roll values to range more than 360 degrees as needed, as if SynthEyes was an animation program. Path filtering revamped, can now filter (or not) pan/tilt/roll individually, both from the Solver panel or Filter Path phase.
- SynthEyes now supports workflows requiring meshes to be passed through SynthEyes without vertex renumbering. The OBJ importer is now a bit different, faster and with support for preserving the original incoming vertex/normal/texture indices for use by selected exporters. Meshes can be replaced and existing vertex painting will be matched and preserved.
- New noise reduction algorithm added to the image preprocessor. The "Noise reduce" spinner is on the new Filtering tab along with Blur and luma/chroma blur. Image preprocessor changes to speed previewing of blur, noise reduction.
- New "fancy bones" deformation method available to GeoH tracking. It is a more traditional bones blending algorithm that permits overlapping sibling bones, for example for dense facial GeoH tracking. (Advanced button item, Sizzle & Synthia attribute, preference to use it by default or not.)
- New "Isolate object layer" button shows just the painting attributed to the selected GeoH object, rather than the composite of all objects (on GeoH toolbar and perspective right-click menu).
- New "Relax" mesh-editing mode for smoothing meshes, typically for use after a Smudge procedure to match an approximate mesh to a shot. It's moved to a new toolbar with Smudge.
- Metadata support. Metadata read from RED, DNG(EXIF), JPEG, TIFF; written to TIFF. Or, read from and written to a tandem file.
- This is a large release with around 200 changes.
These are condensed highlights. See the Recent Change List on the SynthEyes Help menu or in the Customer-Only web site for full details.