The Latest SynthEyes 1709 Features
Don't forget to use the Sug button in SynthEyes, ie the New-Feature Requests page in the customer-only area.
- This is primarily a bug-fix release, especially for a crash after exporting under certain circumstances and Save Sequence not closing for sequences.
- New Texture Coordinate Tool script.
- New Find Stationary Trackers script for eliminating trackers due to fixed-pattern noise in very dark shots.
- New Mirror Mesh script.
- Shadow Map Maker now has an option to set the mesh type kind to "Custom". (The original mesh isn't still a Plane, typically, because a UV camera map has been applied, so it can no longer be exported to a target application's plane primitive.)
- Mesh information script now shows the size of stored textured as well.
- Filmbox export now exports an unlit texture on the Diffuse, not just on the Emission channel, to better support some targets. It can now export an alpha channel as a Transparency channel, if enabled by a checkbox.
- The initial mesh display mode for new scenes (wireframe/solid/outlined/cartoon) is now controlled by a preference in the User Interface section.
- Pan/Orbit/Look/Dolly submode of perspective Navigation mode now preserved across window changes and file saves.
- Windows: Added code to compute the actual frame rate of movies being read from the time stamps, as stored frame rates from some manufacturers were observed to be wrong. (Already had to do this on macOS.)
- Mac/Linux: CopyFile, affecting AfterEffects exporter with C4D.
These are condensed highlights. See the Recent Change List online or on the SynthEyes Help menu for full details.