The Latest SynthEyes 1511 Features
Don't forget to use the Sug button in SynthEyes, the New-Feature Requests page in the customer-only area, and the cloud features for Synthia!
- New Airbrush tool for Geometric Hierarchy (GeoH) tracking weights, plus significant enhancements to other GeoH lasso/paint tools.
- New driver for RED library 6.0.4, featuring fast GPU-based decoding. With a suitable CUDA/OpenCL-capable video card and plenty of GPU and main memory, we've seen speedups of 10x decoding RED files.
- Mesh de-duplication — high-performance options to keep/move large meshes out of SNI files to reduce space, especially when you have many SNI file versions. (Not in Intro version.)
- New View/Timebar background/Show tracker count (and Show cache status) menu items to show the tracker-count-based background from the graph editor ("Do I have enough trackers?") on the timebar.
- New mesh-editing Smudge tool with hard (interior) or soft-select (exterior) modes.
- Pinning tool can now move a whole solved scene, for example to align tripod solves.
- New code for aggressively finding and exporting quads, currently utilized for OBJ, FBX, and Blender.
- Documentation and improvements for moving cameras, objects, meshes, and even the whole scene using Synthia, aiding customers who have discovered Synthia's remarkable problem-solving ability.
- Enhancements for integrating SynthEyes in studio environments.
- Bug fixes, notably for Prepend Frames and workarounds for El Capitan.
- Around 80+ new features, fixes, and tweaks in all.
These are condensed highlights. See the Recent Change List on the SynthEyes Help menu or in the Customer-Only web site for full details.