The Latest SynthEyes 2024 Features
- Changed to new BorisFX “SynthEyes 2024” branding, with new icons, splash screen graphics, installers, install locations, and RLM-based licensing.
- Official release of the “Maya ASCII Updated exporter, a full feature exporter including embedded meshes, workarea controls, distortion projection screens, Arnold or native renderers, etc etc. Includes support for uncentered lenses in zero-pass workflows, in conjunction with new Maya pipes in the Nuke and Fusion exports. Improved in SynthEyes 2024 with fast generation of high-quality edge lists and new documentation.
- Official release of the “TDE4 Data File Export” to 3D Equalizer (with included python script), so that finished scenes may be exported from SynthEyes to Science-D-Vision's 3D Equalizer for use at facilities with 3DE-specific pipelines. Now updated to operate with 3DE versions 5-7 and documented.
- New “Lens/Grid Calibration Setup” script for solving for lens grid distortions using any lens model. See the writeup in the Camera Calibration manual.
- Nuke and Fusion exporter upgrades for zero-pass workflows, in conjunction with the Maya ASCII Updated exporter.
- New Vertex Cache Control Panel with new frame# offset control to time-shift the vertex cache. Launched from the 3-D panel with a mesh selected. It also includes the file and axis mode setting.
- New “Mesh/Alembic Single Mesh” exporter, which exports just a single (typically deforming) mesh in alembic format, for use as a vertex cache in other apps.
- Refinements to pinning logic so that when a mesh is parented to a moving object, you can adjust the mesh OR the object.
- Helper points now have color, lock, show/hide, and exportable attributes like other object types, accessed from the Hierarchy View and 3-D panel.
- See the Recent Change List for all the new features and improvements.
These are condensed highlights. See the full Recent Change List online or on the SynthEyes Help menu for full details. 3D Equalizer is a trademark of Science-D-Vision. Nuke is a trademark of The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.