Windows System Requirements
- 64-bit version of Windows 10, 8, or 7.
- Windows 10 is recommended in most cases, especially for 360VR, because Win7 cannot decode 4K mp4 video, whereas Windows 10 can. Similarly Win10 is required for HEVC/h.265 support.
- Intel or AMD "x86" processor with SSE2, such as a i7, i5, i3, Core/Core 2 Duo, Athlon 64, Opteron, or Pentium 4. (No Atom-based.)
- 2 GB RAM minimum. 4+ GB strongly recommended. 8-32 GB or more typical for pro, 360VR, and film users.
- 1024x768 or larger display, 32 bit color, with OpenGL support. Large multi-head configurations require graphics cards with sufficient memory.
- 3-button mouse/trackball with middle scroll wheel/button. Use the "No middle-mouse button" preferences for tablets. While notebook trackpads operate with SynthEyes, they are not efficient or ergonometrically suitable for serious tracking work.
- Full keyboard with arrows and side number pad suggested for maximum efficiency.
- Approximately 65 MB disk space to install. Tutorials and other learning materials are separate downloads.
- Keep the operating system up to date. While SynthEyes should work with older versions, sometimes OS vendors make changes that cause problems when SynthEyes is newer than an older operating system file.
- A user familiar with general 3-D animation techniques such as keyframing.
- A supported 3-D animation or compositing package to export paths and points to. Can be on a different machine or operating system.
- Windows, Linux, and macOS licenses are separate. There is a cross-platform option for the Pro version. It is not a floating license or for multiple users, read more about multiple installs. This helps keep SynthEyes affordable for everyone.