Windows System Requirements
- *** IMPORTANT *** SynthEyes requires that your processor implements the AVX instruction set. (SynthEyes may notify you about this at startup.) Or check Microsoft's cpuinfo64 tool for a plethora of information. The AVX instructions were introduced a decade ago, so this is not unreasonable. SynthEyes uses AVX for performance not possible with old CPUs. SynthEyes 1905 can be run on older CPUs.
- 64-bit version of Windows 10; Windows 8 or 7 might be usable (try the demo) but are obsolete and won't support SynthEyes in the near future. Windows 10 version 1903 or later is required for full globalization support. Windows 10 is important for 360VR, because Win7 cannot decode 4K mp4 video. HEVC/h.265 support uses an optional Windows 10 download.
- Intel or AMD "x86" processor with AVX ("Sandy Bridge" or later or comparable AMD, no Atom-based processors.) See above.
- 2 GB RAM minimum. 4+ GB strongly recommended. 8-32 GB or more typical for pro, 360VR, and film users.
- 1280x768 or larger display with OpenGL support. High-DPI displays supported (100% or 200% scaling), Windows 10 required for full functionality. Large multi-head configurations require graphics cards with sufficient memory. RED GPU decode assist requires 2+ GB video RAM.
- 3-button mouse/trackball with middle scroll wheel/button. Adjust "Reverse Mouse Wheel" preference to taste (normally to achieve push-in/pull-back behavior). Use the "No middle-mouse button" preferences for tablets. While trackpads operate with SynthEyes, they are not efficient or ergonometrically suitable for production tracking work.
- Full keyboard with arrows and side number pad suggested for maximum efficiency.
- Approximately 230 MB for a default install; 1.7 GB disk space with Tensorflow GPU overlay. Tutorials and other learning materials are online.
- Note: the "Nahimic" audio system (NahimicOSD.dll) has a parasitic video overlay that is problematic to a number of apps including SynthEyes, and may cause a hang when entering the graph editor or perspective view. If so, disable or uninstall it.
- Keep the operating system up to date. While SynthEyes should work with older builds, sometimes OS vendors make changes that cause problems when SynthEyes is newer than an older operating system file.
- A user familiar with general 3-D animation techniques such as keyframing.
- A supported 3-D animation or compositing package to export paths and points to. Can be on a different machine or operating system.
- Windows, Linux, and macOS licenses are separate. There is a cross-platform option for the Pro version. It is not a floating license or for multiple users; read more about multiple installs. This helps keep SynthEyes affordable for everyone.