Intro or Pro Version?
The Intro version is intended for use by students and hobbyists and has specific limitations compared to the regular 'Pro' version. If these limitations are a concern to you, you should get the Pro version instead!
The Intro version:
- is available for 32-bit or 64-bit installation,
- supports a maximum of 1.25 GB of total RAM shot cache memory*,
- supports HD shot resolutions of at most 1920 x 1080,
- supports texture extraction up to a maximum 2048 x 2048 (2K),
- supports at most 2M lidar points,
- does not support deformations in geometric hierarchy tracking (separate pieces only),
- does not support reading deforming rigs from Filmbox FBX files, ie for geometric hierarchy tracking,
- does not support stereo shots,
- does not support disk caching (for RAID/SSD),
- does not support Phases,
- does not support python (SyPy) or certain Extreme Sizzle calls,
- does not support garbage mattes or alpha masking for planar or geometric hierarchy tracking,
- does not support mesh de-duplication,
- is not available on Linux,
- is not available in a floating or cross-platform PC/Mac/Linux version,
- will not support various future new features at our discretion,
- CAN later be upgraded to Pro, though the total cost will be somewhat higher than purchasing Pro in the first place.
The basic Intro to Pro upgrade price is the difference in price between the two plus $30. Since new and updated licenses always come with a full year of support, there is an additional pro-rated amount based on the time remaining on the original license's 1-year support period. The online store will figure out the details.
*: The shot cache limit corresponds to a Queue Length setting of 200 HD frames. This affects playback performance at full resolution on longer shots, but does not affect the length of shots that can be tracked or tracking and solving accuracy.