How to Renew or Upgrade a SynthEyes License
Here are some detailed instructions on how to renew or upgrade your existing SynthEyes license (or change it to a different operating system). Note that the final pricing won't be apparent until later in this process, once you've entered the information required to determine it.
Important: You/your company must be the legal owner of the existing license. Once a license is renewed or upgraded, it is retired: any existing installations must be removed, it can not be used for new installations, it can not be transferred or sold independently, and it cannot be upgraded again.
- Locate your current serial number(s), from your most-recent purchase, license, or renewal email. They will have been sent from ssontech.com with subject lines of "SynthEyes License Information" or "SynthEyes Registration (SAVE THIS MAIL)" The serial number has the format XY-9999-9999-9999X, where X is a letter, Y is a letter or number, and 9999 is some numeric digits.
- When one or more licenses are upgraded, renewed, or changed to a new platform as part of a single order, each license is renewed proportionately (pro-rated by month) so that all the new licenses include one year of tech support. Note that all licenses are switched, if needed, to the operating system selected for that order (charge may apply). If you need to renew licenses to different final operating systems, place separate orders for each final operating system.
- Go to the SynthEyes online store, for example by clicking the "Buy" button on our website.
- On the store, select the OS/Version you want on the dropdown, based on which operating system you want (Windows, OS X, Linux, Cross-platform or Floating) and which SynthEyes version (Pro or Intro).
- Enter "1" on the "Upgrade or change a license" line in the "Quantity" column, assuming you want to upgrade just a single license.
- Click the "Update" button. This will cause the webpage to update, and new fields to appear.
- Enter your current serial number(s) into the "Retiring serial numbers" field. (You may not use a license once it has been upgraded; if the new license will be installed on a new machine, the old license must be uninstalled from the old machine.)
- Click the "Update" button again, which will cause the serial number to be checked, and the proper pricing information appear. If your serial number is not being accepted, please check that you have not already upgraded this serial to an intermediate version, ie if a 2008 serial has been upgraded to 2011, you must enter the 2011 serial, not the 2008 serial.
- You can change to your desired local currency using the selector at top, if you like. You can always purchase in US Dollars, or your local currency if it is one our card processor can accept directly.
- Fill out the information for the owner of the license.
- Select the payment method, which will cause additional fields to appear based on the method selected. You can enter separate payment information here.
- Fill out the information for the selected payment method.
- Click "Check order" when complete. If the form comes back with fields marked in red, double-check and correct those fields. Be sure to double-check the email address fields.
- Once all the fields are valid, you will get a web page with a "Place Order" button that you can click to place the order. Please double-check that you are ordering the kind of license you need: the button will read Place Order for Windows, Place Order for OS X, Place Order for Floating, etc. so it should be very clear.
- Emails will be sent to the specified addresses with download and licensing information. Don't forget to register for your permanent license data and new customer-only access information!