www.ssontech.com Forum Index www.ssontech.com
SynthEyes Camera Tracker Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SynthEyes tutorial on duber.tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ssontech.com Forum Index -> Talkin' Tutorials (NOT TECH SUPPORT)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: SynthEyes tutorial on duber.tv Reply with quote

http://www.duber.tv/en/matchmoving/syntheyes-tracking/

Hi guys,
one of the most-well-known 3D artists in Czech Republic and my friend and workmate, Lukas Dubeda (loocas duber), recently launched a website with free videotutorials.
Because I've recorded some videotutorials in the past (some introduction to 3ds max, UV mapping, FumeFX, everything in my native Czech language...) and people liked it, loocas asked me to record some matchmoving tutorials.
First, I recorded PFTrack series, because loocas was interested in PFT and because this Pixel Farm's software is great option for beginners who like to see their solution obtained fully automated way (well let's get over the fact that this works accurately only in 17% of shots). It was my first recording in english and it was real challenge for me, as you can hear in these six PFTrack tutorials - they were recorded in september 2007, bloody early, more than half a year before launching the website Very Happy
Why am I writing about PFTutorials and why should you watch it, when we are on SynthEyes website and most of you are SynthEyes users? Well, let's say that these PFTrack series are more about matchmoving in general than about Pixel Farm's software itself. Yes, these six tutorials were supposed to be PFTrack tuts and I'm showing everything on PFTrack, but at the end, it's quite simillar to Tim Dobberts gnomon matchmoving DVDs, rather than to fxPHD or cmiVFX PFTutors... Of course I didn't want to duplicate Dobbert, but like his DVDs, my six PFTuts may be great way for beginners to understand matchmoving more deeply than just pushing the Track and Solve button.

And about week ago, I recorded another matchmoving tutorial for duber.tv website. loocas asked me to record a video about tracking a shot where he wants to put in some CG objects and do some rendering and compositing tutors... It is quite low parallax hand-held shot with some zooming, so I decided to show some advanced approach. And where are you going to manage some advanced techniques with ultimate flexibility and smoothness?

Of course, in SynthEyes!!! Enjoy the tutorial, I hope it may help some of you guys Smile
caseyjames

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched this. Great tutorial.

One question. Is it possible to reuse those auxiliary frames at the end, with the points already attached and solved?

I am working on a project due in 7 days and I have a great number of hand held low parallax shots. Is there anyway to avoid a lot of redundant tracking?

Thanks,
Casey
rtep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to solve shots indirectly Smile
there is a chapter about that in SynthEyes manual
rtep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.duber.tv

I recorded Introduction to Sizzle tutorial Smile
Just the basics and some very simple script.
triplej96

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great matchmoving tutorial thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ssontech.com Forum Index -> Talkin' Tutorials (NOT TECH SUPPORT) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: