www.ssontech.com Forum Index www.ssontech.com
SynthEyes Camera Tracker Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leopard debuts with the sound of crashing glass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssontech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Leopard debuts with the sound of crashing glass Reply with quote

Well, Leopard is officially out, after a lengthy delay so QC resources could be re-directed to the iPhone.

Bad news. SynthEyes crashes on startup under Leopard (confirmed for Intel Mac, PPC unknown).

Time to debug. Start XCode. XCode crashes. You gotta be kidding.

Sometimes I think these guys just don't "get it." --- like when the Quicktime automatic update included parts of 10.4, permanently wrecking QT applications on 10.3.9 machines. Wink

Now I have to switch to the latest XCode that arrived with Leopard. I'm sure it's completely debugged, right?

In the film industry, we say "We'll fix it in post". It seems there's a new version "Let the developers fix it." Like we don't have better things to do.

Stay tuned for further news on this saga.
Bob Groothuis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: any news on PPC version running on leopard Reply with quote

Goodday Russ,

You mentiones the Intel version crashes.... any news on PPC version running on leopard?

Thanks!

Bob
ssontech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After days of brutal trench warfare, with mud, flies, and dried carcasses, I have now seen SynthEyes successfully run on Leopard! It'll probably be a few days before something is generally available.

Regarding SynthEyes on PowerPC Leopard, I don't know. I didn't want to put Leopard on my PowerPC iMac to find out. But I expect equally fatal results, and plan to have a spot-proofed version for it as well.
Bob Groothuis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your answer. Will wait until you spot proofed the PPC version too. But good news it runs almost on the intel.

Greetings

Bob
ssontech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Leopard networking Reply with quote

Just a note that there seem to be many problems with networking in Leopard, especially in a mix of PCs and Macs. It doesn't seem possible to actually change the workgroup, for example.

I've also discovered a stunning security problem, one that appears to have been intentionally added as a feature by Apple and that I can not seem to disable.
ssontech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Credit where credit is due Reply with quote

I would like to acknowledge Apple's support in helping me create a Leopard-compatible version of SynthEyes. Eric at Apple really did go the extra mile, getting the issue in front of an Apple dynamic-loader engineer. Quite commendable and I do appreciate it.
Bob Groothuis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ, is the latest build also compatibel for PPC, or is it better to wait some more?

Thanks

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ssontech.com Forum Index -> Russ's Rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: