www.ssontech.com Forum Index www.ssontech.com
SynthEyes Camera Tracker Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Focal information for training footage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ssontech.com Forum Index -> Talkin' Tutorials (NOT TECH SUPPORT)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meshfx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Focal information for training footage Reply with quote

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has the focal information for the training footage (flyover, green field etc). I have done some tracks and with object in SE they mesh objects stay put, when it comes into Max there is some slide. I assume that the focal length is not right with the solve as everything sticks in Synth.

Can anyone tell me what they are using for the tuts?

Cheers
gordonrobb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it sticks in SE, but not in your 3D package, it's most likely to be either, your start frame not lining up (0 or 1), or your geometry not being properly aligned in 3D space.

What I do to check the second one is replace some of the nulls created, with tracking objects (I use red upside down cones). If they are exactly where the tracking points/nulls where they should stay put in the animation. If they still slide, look fro it being a start frame sync issue.

Of, course, all of this assumes that everything is rock solid in SE
meshfx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make sure the start at frame 1 is unticked in Synth when I do the export.

I have a really solid track in SE, I have little mesh objects all over the place. None of the points move, when I bring it into Max not of the points move.. I align a null object to it and then output the X, Y, Z and they are solid across the whole sequence - as soon as I add the footage the sliding is there.... what is the connection to the footage being in the background to the slipage in Max - something to do with the camera, the viewport???

aarrgghh

Bec.
gordonrobb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about max, but if I got this in Lightwave, and it wasn't a problem with sychronising the start frame, not sure.

You mean you have objects positioned at the null points and when you look at them compaired to the footage in the background they slip? Is the frame right in max, the same as the frame rate of the footage you solved in SE?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ssontech.com Forum Index -> Talkin' Tutorials (NOT TECH SUPPORT) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: